Thursday, April 22, 2010


This week's recipe comes from Rachel Overton. Her friend Jessica, has a blog full of recipes which you can find HERE. Thanks Rachel and Jessica for this yummy and easy recipe:

Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts

Prep time: 5 minutes

Cook time: Crock-pot 3-4 hrs on high

Serves:4

Ingredients:
2-3 lbs. bone in,split breast chicken
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 lemon
2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning

Get your crock-pot out, plug it in, and turn it on high. Put olive oil in the bottom. Season chicken breasts with salt and place in crock pot. Cut the lemon in half squeeze juice all over chicken and leave the lemon in the crock-pot as well. Shake lemon pepper seasoning and 1 tsp. pepper over chicken, cover and cook 3-4 hours! Enjoy!


Question for you: Do you use the crock pot much in the spring and summer, or do you reserve slow-cooking for fall and winter?

7 comments:

  1. I use it all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to use a crockpot. *sigh*

    Lemon chicken is something I make sometimes, but I just season with lemon pepper, so that probably doesn't count. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really tasty! Using the crock in summer instead of the over is a really good idea. Why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use mine all year long. I also use the BBQ all year round, even when we have to shove the snow off of it to crank it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a crock pot all the time and I always make chicken in it and will definitly try this out:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is so easy! Will try it tonight.

    My stand by crock pot recipe is chicken, diced carrots and celery, salsa, a little water and 1/2 pkg of taco seasoning. Serve it over rice.

    ReplyDelete