Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Recipe

Today's recipe is Peanut Buster Dessert.

Ingredients:

1 pkg. Oreo Cookies
1/2 c. Softened butter
1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream
1/1/2 c. Evaporated milk
3/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 c. Powdered sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c roasted Spanish peanuts (not raw)

Crush oreos and mix with softened butter. (I've found the best way to do this is to put oreos in a freezer bag and mash with a rolling pin, then add butter and squish the bag until it's well mixed.) Press into a 9x13 pan. Refrigerate 1/2 hr. Soften the ice cream and spread over chilled crust. Put in the freezer. Mix all other ingredients except the peanuts and vanilla and bring to a boil in a saucepan. Boil for 8 minutes. Add vanilla. Cool slightly and pour over ice cream. Sprinkle with peanuts and return pan to the freezer. When the dessert is thoroughly frozen, slice and serve. It is DE-Lish!

8 comments:

  1. OK this is too good for someone who can't eat chocolate anymore! And a husband who is trying to drop 10 pounds! Wish I'd had this recipe 15 years ago:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. To a woman who just had a package of Nutter Butters for breakfast, this looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH.

    I WANT that. How can you do this to someone who has NO oreos in the house!!!! Now I have to go buy some.

    YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great. Yesterday Ann made home-made chocolate chip cookies and left them out on the counter when I came home for lunch. Now you not only provide a great recipe, but post a picture of it as well. How am I supposed to keep working toward my goal of 42 pounds gone by July 1 if the two of you keep conspiring against me. And I really do think you're conspiring, testing and tempting me. Get thee behind me, chocolate and ice cream and peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive eaten many of these in my day! Nothing like it! OK now Im hungry.

    ReplyDelete