Friday, May 21, 2010

The Friday Five

This week's Friday Five is:

Five things I love about being the substitute teacher for the High School Sunday School class.

1. I love teens, especially the ones at our church.

2. The first 10-15 mins where we catch up on each other's week.

3. I love how willing this group is to go wherever...we've studied lots of different topics (currently we're looking at the book of Colossians) and they are always eager to learn, to answer questions, to read Scripture.

4. Friendship. The kids (half of whom are mine) are my friends. I like that.

5. I get to learn right alongside the kids. This week we explored Paul's arguments against Gnosticism and Asceticism.

So, what do you like about Sunday School?

7 comments:

  1. That's so cool you work with the teens. I meet with mine this Sun. at Panera.
    Five things I like...
    1. They like it when I'm honest and I love to be honest.
    2. They make me laugh.
    3. It's all prom talk lately.
    4. They thirst for God.
    5. I grow watching them grow.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how sweet! I wish we had traditional Sunday school!!! Digging into Scripture line by line is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a Sunday school at my church either but there's always something new to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. I love that you said you and the kids enjoy each other. I felt the same way when I taught.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not teaching Sunday School now, but when I did it was the Primary Class. While others said they couldn't cope with the energy of the little ones, it was their exuberance that I loved. They were excited about everything new, keen to explore and learn. Maybe that's why I chose to be an elementary school teacher. My favourite teaching years were with Grades 1 and 2 children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in charge of the SS hour nursery at our church so I get to play with the babies and toddlers for 1 1/2 hours. Can't beat that!

    During the school year I also lead an AWANA class for Sparks, which is K-2nd grade. Love their sweetness and their energy. You get to see and hear about every new loose tooth and every new pair of tennis shoes they get. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Especially the half of them are your part! Lord knows I've put in my time at sunday school but now I'm on the sidelines. I do so LOVE fellowshiping. (sp?) It's like a little piece of heaven right here on earth. Have a great weekend Erica!

    ReplyDelete