Wednesday, May 05, 2010

May Goals

This sign was for sale at Cabela's in Owatonna, MN. Too funny!

Today's post is my May Goals. As per yesterday's post, I'm all about goal setting.

So, for the month of May, here are my goals.

  • Continue my responsibilities with the Genesis contest. Finalists will be announced soon, and all the non-finaling entries will need to be returned to the contestants. I'll also be fielding thank-you notes from contestants and sending them to the appropriate judges. (FYI, even if your scores aren't what you had hoped, it would not go amiss to send a thank-you note. The judges volunteered their time to judge these entries for the sole goal of helping other writers.) Okay, commercial over. :)
  • Write. I've set an agressive goal for writing Light to My Path in just over a month. I have a goal of writing 1500 words a day, six days per week.
  • Family obligations. A graduation to plan, awards ceremony to attend, end-of-year piano recitals, registration day at college for the eldest.
So, what are your goals for the month of May?

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, college? That will be strange for you, won't it? Is your oldest leaving the nest too? Or just going to college from home?

    My goals...ack. I want to get my proposal/synopsis in shape so I can start querying. Then I want to fix up my first manuscript and send it to pubs. After it gets rejected *grin* I can shelve it knowing that I did everything I could for the poor thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goals: Graduation hoopla, a potential job (sending bid today), fingers crossed my class runs (I have 4 signed up!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get to 60K on my WIP and laugh a lot with my family.

    I want to enjoy the weather before the bugs get bad.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goals looks strikingly similar to your bullet point number 3. Who knew there was so much involved for the parents of a senior?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Too funny. I have to admit we have some venison in the freezer and some taxidermy on the wall. Luckily, my husband has his own office so that it doesn't have to be in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goal is to send my entire current manuscript to an editor before the end of May.

    I also want to enjoy baseball and soccer with my family and the last month of my daughter being in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound very disciplined and I don't doubt you'll get those 1500 daily words done along with everything else.

    My goals haven't changed much since January and I'm making progress with them. I temporarily stopped working on a new story in favour of a "last ditch attempt" on an older manuscript, so I've done one further revision and now have it out being critiqued.

    To be honest, my main goal is to stop piling up mss in my closet and seek agent representation. As much as I love just writing I decided it was like being on a journey with no destination, so I really should get my travel plans in order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My big May goal is to have my new story plotted out and ready to start writing by June 1st...this is very ambitious. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erica, you're going to accomplish getting your book finished. What a great goal! I'm so impressed.

    Let's see...two out of town graduation parties, one field trip, one track meet, many baseball practices, the final touches on a girlfriend's website, and a partridge in a pear tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your efforts with the Genesis contest. Cant wait to get my critiques. My goal this month is to set some goals! Once I get back from my conference this weekend I will do it!

    ReplyDelete