Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Behind

Okay, so I'm behind on my goal. I had set a goal for myself of having a completed novel by 7/4/2010. And I do, it's just not the one I thought! Before the Dawn took a lot more time than I thought it would.

So I have to recalculate. Either I need to change my wordcount per day, or I need to extend my deadline. I'm not sure what I will do. I'll have to see what is realistic, especially since I will have family in town again later this month.

Have you ever had to adjust your plans? How do you handle it? Is it frustrating, or are you a 'go with the flow' kinda person?

7 comments:

  1. Pretty much a go with the flow type gal. But it was weird to readjust several months ago when my world got flipped upside down with a loss in the family.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to be a go with the flow kind of person. Else you end up banging your head against the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, when you're juggling as many things as I am, you need a plan. And when things don't go according to the plan? Frustrated. That's me.

    Here's wishing you the best as you re-evaluate the goal and balance it against reality. My goal is to finish this WIP by the time the kids go back to school. One chapter a week shouldn't be as hard as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes it is frustrating to me, but usually I only have myself to blame. Im a great procrastinator and tend to let unnecessary distractions pull me away from my writing focus. I just have to tell someone what Im going to do and that seems to get me back to work. That probably doesnt make sense, but it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to be a go with the flow. I'd tear my hair out if not. :) You know... I've noticed it's getting a little thin on top so maybe ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol...I have a roller coaster schedule/deadline. It fluctuates all the time! :) Not a great plan, but until I get life figured out...
    Oh wait, that's not going to happen. Well, I guess I need to figure ME out and do a better job in planning. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I wish I was a go-with-the-flow kind of person. I typically get very frustrated before I finally accept what is and move on.

    ReplyDelete