Friday, June 18, 2010
The Friday Five
So, today's Friday Five:
Five things I loved about Lorraine E. Vetsch
1. She taught me so much about contentment. She could find joy in the simplest things. She never complained, not even when her cancer returned and she had lots to complain about.
2. She taught me to enjoy gardening. Though I will never have the passion for it she had, I now have lots of flowers at my place and together, my sister-in-law and I planted Lorraine's flower garden this spring.
3. Her laugh. She didn't laugh often, but when she did, it was infectious.
4. She loved her family dearly. She always put them first, ahead of her wants.
5. Her humility. She was brilliant, valedictorian of her high school class and her college class. She worked at the Mayo Clinic before her marriage and was highly regarded by the neurosurgeons she worked for. But you never would've known it, because she never bragged about it.
There are so many more things I loved about Lorraine, not the least of which is the way she raised her son, Peter, my husband. I miss her every day.