Monday, June 21, 2010

New new Cover art...


Last week I posted the new cover art for Lily and the Lawman. Then there was a last minute change. The design team needed to change quilt in the background of the cover. So, here's the final cover art for Lily. This quilt, though not my beloved red, does fit the description in the story better.

Also, to clarify, Ashley Schrock is the creative director for the Heartsong Presents cover art projects, and she has designers who put together the cover art. Ashley designs many of the covers for Barbour products herself, but she has helpers for all the Heartsong covers that go out each month.

In the back of each Heartsong is a tearout survey about that particular book and author and Heartsong titles overall. One of the things you can express your opinion about is the cover art. Your feedback helps the design department know what appeals to readers. So if you've read a Heartsong or two, please, consider filling out those tear-off sheets and sending them in.

7 comments:

  1. Still pretty, but I liked the red quilt better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is nice--it definitely attracts my eye. Lately I've been really liking the ones that have items or scenery on the front (like several of yours) instead of people with a background. Guess I could put in my comment on one of those surveys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! Still makes me want to eat chocolate which is a very good thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thinks it looks just as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete