Thursday, June 17, 2010

Recipe Thursday

Week before last when my sister-in-law Becky was here, she made a delicious salsa dip for us, and I'd like to share the recipe with you here.

1 lg can whole peeled tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 lg onion
1 jalapeno pepper
1 cucumber
cilantro
salt
lime juice

Put everything in the blender and give it a whirl. The cucumber adds a refreshing coolness! You can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned, and you can use hotter or cooler peppers, depending on your taste.

Serve with warm tortilla chips.

So, are you into hot, spicy food or is your palate more delicate?

5 comments:

  1. Plain Jane, that's me. Though I do like salsa if it's mild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda8:04 AM

    I'm a plain jane like CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be really delicate, but I appreciate hotter foods as I get older. But I don't like heat so intense that it drowns out the tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more of a picky palate, but boy, my man would EAT that up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No fair! Now I want some. Looks delicious! I like mildly hot things. No blazing hot wings for me!

    ReplyDelete