Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Big Day Coming

This is post 995 for this blog.

Wow.

When I started blogging in 2006, I had no idea what I was doing, or what this blog would morph into. I didn't have a plan. Mostly, I just wrote about whatever caught my fancy. Whatever I was ruminating on at the time.

Not much has changed. I still write about whatever catches my fancy. I've developed a few regular items, like the recipe Thursday and the Friday Five. I blog about family, writing, history, the mundane and the miraculous in my life. I write as if I'm talking to my friends, for that's what I hope my readers here are. I'd rather have friends than followers, friends than fans.

Next week will mark the 1000th blog post for On The Write Path. I never imagined I'd have so many posts, but now, I hope I have at least that many more!

In honor of the 1000th blog post coming up, I'll be giving away a signed copy of each of my first FIVE books.

The Bartered Bride
The Marriage Masquerade
The Engineered Engagement

Clara and the Cowboy
Lily and the Lawman

(This will mean that the winner will have to wait a couple of weeks until my author copies of Lily and the Lawman arrive.)

To win, all you have to do is leave a comment saying which blog post you enjoyed the most. (Saying "The Friday Five is my favorite." isn't enough. Be specific.)

14 comments:

  1. Wow. Congrats on the 1000 post. That is an unreal achievement. I had no idea blogger even existed in 2006. My first baby was only three. The world outside my front door did not exist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! 1000 posts! That's huge! I didn't realize you'd been blogging since 2006. It's amazing how far each year takes us, isn't it?

    Put me in for the drawings, Erica! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is alot of blogging, girl! lol I think one of my favorite posts of yours is the one you did last month....the ACFW Friday Five, where you share 5 of your favorite things about the ACFW conference. I keep hearing great things about the conference and am determined to go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this part of the #1K1 you're working on? (-; Congrats to you. Oh, and something liked from the blog? Cannibal Soup. the phrase just cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda7:58 AM

    Congrats on reaching 1000! Wishing you many, many, many more.

    Since you won't take the Friday Five as an answer, I will have to go with the one with Heather's poems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being so close to your 1000th post!! That's quite the accomplishment! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That's quite a milestone and reflects the kind of commitment you bring to your novel writing as well as your blog.

    Your post entitled "Fine Art?" in June is one I still remember. It was short but emphasized a point that I needed to take to heart... one I knew perfectly well, but wasn't putting into practice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 1000! I love coming to your blog, I check it out almost every day. One of my favorite posts is Beauty From Adversity from March 2010. It's amazing how the Lord creates something lovely from our darkest days.

    Please include me in the drawing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What an achievement! My favorite blog is your letter to Essie Summers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I loved the one when I discovered we were the same age! I have an unnatural obsession with people my own age. Pick me to win! I'm desperate to read all your novels, plus I selfishly want them signed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Erica, that's quite an accomplishment! I love how you write like you're talking to your friends and I love your blog.

    One of my recent favorite posts is Blessed to Be a Blessing. The story of how your book touched others really touched me and it's so inspirational to see how God can reach people through writers and their work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on ONE THOUSAND! Blog on! I think it is so generous when writers take the time to share from life with their readers.

    My favorite post was the one you wrote about your mother-in-law. It was a loving tribute to her. After 15 years, my MIL and I are not that close but I hope that will change as time goes by.

    In addition to that one, I love all your posts about your historical research. I'm a history nut, too!

    Please include me in the drawing!

    jprivette1(at)roadrunner(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been blogging a long time. Very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on all those posts! I like so many of your posts -- but I think my personal favs are the scrapbook pages your sweet daughter did for you.

    ReplyDelete