Friday, July 30, 2010

The Friday Five

Over the next little while, we're going to play the Alphabet Game for the Friday Five. Since I'm linear, I'm starting with the letter A. (Okay, so last week I started with the lettter J, but that was before I knew I wanted to play the Alphabet Game for the Friday Five each week for awhile.

So, four things I like and one thing that I DON'T that start with the letter A.

1. Apples - Granny Smith preferably.

2. Aragorn from Lord of the Rings

3. Amelia Peabody - Fictional Egyptologist and detective created by Elizabeth Peters

4. Atlas Maps - I LOVE maps. Whenver I have to sit in the car and wait for someone, I open up my US Atlas and imagine all the different places I could go and things I could see.

5. Arborvitae - NOT! I don't like arborvitae trees. I'm not sure why. I just don't. We have 25 arborvitae trees in our hedge. Because the husband likes them. :)

Tell me at least one thing you like that starts with the letter A, and one thing you don't. :)

13 comments:

  1. That is so funny. My husband has been trying to get me to plant
    Arborvitae trees, and I really want a row of Magnolia trees. My choice is much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I'm an Aragorn fan too. Hope I spelled that right.

    What a fun game. You and I are going to get in trouble at ACFW. I love your mind.

    Okay...thing I like:
    Ants carrying huge bits of food on their backs.

    Don't like:
    Adam's apples. They're a bit creepy to me, especially when they bulge out on a man big time.

    There you have it. Fun playing!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, one thing I like is Andes mints. Yum!
    I dislike alligators. Heh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda8:20 AM

    Like - Applesauce
    Don't like - Arguing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avocados

    Don't like? Hmmm. Acid as in LSD

    Fun! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know what an Arborvitae tree is! lol

    Love: avalanches...when there is nobody hurt or nothing destroyed. ;)

    Dislike: alligators...they are ugly and mean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number two made me smile.

    I love apples, too. Gala apples are my favorites. Another thing I like? Answers--they give me comfort.

    Dislike? Avocados and anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A? Um, my husband Aaron, my son Adam, my son Avery, my Apple pie, and the Atkins diet which has reminded me of what my husband looked like when I married him all those years ago! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Granny Smith apples too! Love my Angel. Hate arachnids

    ReplyDelete
  10. This alphabet game will be fun to follow on Fridays!

    Like: Alliteration
    Dislike: Ants (as in FIRE ants! I've heard we just have them down South--is this true?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there!

    Shortstorybook.net is organizing a short story writing contest.

    We do think that you too might have a marvelous story to tell, one that is your own! So if you can compose it in not more than few words, we would want to hear from you. Also, you stand a chance to get your story published on our site and win cash prize of USD 100.

    “Then what are you waiting for? …put on your thinking cap and get writing. For registration and other information check - http://bit.ly/short-story-contest-2010

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like: Agape

    Dislike: Apathy

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A brain teaser. Hmmm, let's see...

    Like:
    Anagrammer game

    Dislike:
    Arachnids (hate, hate, hate spiders!! Ughhh!!)

    ReplyDelete