Monday, July 19, 2010

International?


Got some fun news this week from my mother. A friend of hers went to Ireland and Scotland, taking many copies of my books. When this friend and her niece entered a little bookstore on the trip, they found some Heartsongs on the shelf. They purchased a few for the flight home, and then asked the bookstore owner if the store carried any of my titles. There were none of my titles in the store, so the bookstore owner got online and ordered some while my mom's friend stood right there.

Kinda cool! :)

12 comments:

  1. Very cool! Just shows how important our friends and family are in helping in promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! How exciting!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great example how word of mouth is the best advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not "kinda cool", but WAY cool. How awesome. Talk about the power of word of mouth...friends and family loving our stuff and helping us get the word out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda7:27 AM

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool, Erica! Thanks for always sharing your stories with us--I love hearing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to hire your family to promote my books whenever I get published! How very cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being 'international'! How encouraging! Have a beautiful week & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to hop on a plane and go to Ireland to pick up one of your books. Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete