Thursday, July 08, 2010

Recipe Thursday

Lately, thanks to my brother buying me a charcoal grill, I've enjoyed grilling our supper. So today's recipe is one my baby brother Nathan taught me when he visited here last month.

Barbequed Pork Ribs

1 pkg boneless pork ribs
1 container savory rib rub (I use the McCormick kind)

Dump rib rub powder into a cake pan and roll each rib in it until every side is coated. Prep the grill, keeping all the coals on one side so you have a hot spot and a cooler spot. Make sure the coals are smoking really well and place the ribs on the grill. Turn them after about 20 minutes, moving the more well done ribs to the cooler side and the less well done directly over the coals. Another 20 minutes of grilling, then take one of the bigger ribs out and cut it to see if it is done all the way through. When the thickest pieces are cooked through, remove the ribs and bring them in to your hungry family.

I serve these with cole slaw, baked beans, and watermelon slices. They're so good, you might not even need any barbeque dipping sauce.

Do you like to grill? And if so, what's your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. Erica, we do the same with corn on the cob and Hawaiian sweet rolls. Hm. Wonder if I can whip that up for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't do much grilling, but when we do salmon steaks are a big hit. Stop gagging! (-;

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DH loves to barbeque and cooks the meat for most of our summer meals outside. I like to keep the heat out of the kitchen, too, so I prepare "veggie packs" (potatoes, carrots and onion pieces, seasoned and with a drizzle of olive oil, double-wrapped in foil packets) for him to grill. Stuffed whole tomatoes and peppers are another favourite. Your ribs sound scrumptious. I'll have to try them. (What am I saying? I'll give the recipe to my DH!)

    ReplyDelete