Thursday, July 15, 2010

Recipe Thursday

Because it's so hot, I thought we could all use a nice, cool recipe that didn't call for heating up the house.

No Bake Drop Cookies


1 3/4 cups white sugar (or Splenda)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.

6 comments:

  1. These are my husband's favorite, and I've never made them. Shame on me! I'll have to try this recipe out just for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these! My mom came up with a microwave version so we didn't have to stay over that hot pot.

    Hmm. Getting hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A chocoholic writer's delight! I have a recipe that looks like these but doesn't have peanut butter. I adore the chocolate-peanut butter combination so will have to try your recipe. (As if sitting around writing doesn't affect my waistline at the best of times, now you have to provide added caloric temptation. Thanks, Erica!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a similar recipe a week or so ago, but it didn't have peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, those look good, Erica. At Christmas last year a woman did ones similar to these and they had coconut in them and oh-so-good!! I've seen this recipe before (or one similar) but now you've reminded me to find the others. I don't know whether to thank you or not though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE these, but I've never thought to make them with crunchy peanut butter. Will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete