Friday, August 20, 2010
The Friday Five
4 Things I like that start with D, and 1 thing I don't like. :)
1. Dear Daughter. Love that kid, so excited for her to go to college, for all the opportunities and friendships and things to learn.
2. Ducks. My nickname in my family is Ducky, and I've always liked Ducks.
3. Donuts. Bavarian creme filled chocolate coated Bismarks.
4. The Duke. Love John Wayne movies. We have a zillion of them, but Rio Bravo and El Dorado are the ones I watch the most. Then there's The Quiet Man, Hatari, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, McClintock, Big Jake...and on and on and on....
5. Dilated Pupils. I went to the eye doctor last week and had my eyes dilated. I HATE that. Good thing the daughter can drive, because I was squinting something terrible. One odd thing, with my puils dilated, my eyes were brown. I have green/brown eyes, green in the middle and brown around the outside. With my pupils dilated, you couldn't see any of the green at all. Was like looking at a stranger...with really big pupils.
What do you like and not like that starts with D?
Don't forget, if you're in the Rochester area, to stop by Christian Book and Gift tomorrow where I'll be signing books from 12-2. I'd love to see you there!