Tuesday, August 03, 2010

It doesn't get old...



This past weekend, I stopped in at my local Christian bookstore, where I will be signing books with the fabulous Mary Connealy later this month. Imagine my surprise and delight to see copies of my books, face out, on the featured titles shelves.






My husband spied this just before we left. My debut novel, The Bartered Bride, is #4 on the Fiction best-sellers for the store. (Does this mean I can call myself a best-selling author? Just kidding!)




This is a shot of the front table where they are displaying books that will be available for signing at the bookstore during the Grand ReOpening Celebration August 19-21. They are having a local author reception on August 19th, and Mary Connealy, Cheryl Ricker and I will be signing books on the 21st from 12-2. If you're in the area, please, we'd love to see you.

Here's the poster by the front door. I hope I never get over the thrill of seeing my books in bookstores.

Question, do you attend author signings? Do you like having signed copies? Do you have a signed copy you're particularly attached to? I have a signed first British edition of To The Hilt by Dick Francis that I treasure.

12 comments:

  1. How exciting! I've never attended a book signing before. I have attended a lecture given by the late Robert Parker when he was writing his Spencer series. Parker was very entertaining. and yes, I have a signed copy of a book that I treasure. (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WISH I lived close enough to go to your signing!! I've never attended one. I'd love to though. I should check out my local bookstores and see if anybody does signings there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to more book signings. I have several signed books that are kind of cool. My husband and I have a signed copy of The Shack, and my husband has a signed Tom Clancy book that he cherishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love author signings.

    You are big time, woman & what I love about that is that you're all humility and class!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a signed copy of To Kill a Mockingbird, my favorite book of all time. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Harper Lee in person, but I treasure the signed copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How incredible!! I can't wait until I walk into a store and see copies of my books. It's so fun living vicariously through you! Hope the book signing is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking GOOD, lady!! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so neat, Erica! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo, that is SO awesome!! And yes, I have a special shelf for my autographed copies. *grin*
    ANd why can't you call yourself a bestselling author? You are. Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS!! That's so exciting!! I wish I could come to the signing... but I'll have to just get the books instead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm. With over 30 book signings, etc., under my shawl, I do occasionally tire of another appearance. But God brings refreshment as I pray for that Divine Appointment.

    Our God is so wonderful.

    Blessings,
    Patti
    www.pattilacy.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait for that day! :-) I hope you have a lot of fun at your signing.

    ReplyDelete