Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lunch with Rachel

This weekend I met my content editor, Rachel Overton, face to face.

What did I learn?

That she's every bit as great in person as she is via email. :)

Rachel's daughter Caitlin sang at our church. Wow! The music was beautiful, and Caitlin was so poised and professional. She blew us away.

We all went out to lunch and talked and talked and talked.

One of the great blessings of writing for Heartsong is the wonderful people I've met and who have befriended me along the way. My agent, editors, artwork folks, promotions and publicity folks, Heartsong readers and writers.

Thank you to Rachel for making Rochester a stop on their family vacation, and for all the editing. :)

7 comments:

  1. I love it when I get to meet people in person who I only know through blogs or email. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your publisher has a wonderful community of folks! That means a lot when you work at a very solitary job like writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really fun. :)

    I love connecting with people like that.
    Glad you had a great time :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! We're finally back home and I'm checking my cyber world! We had so much fun meeting and talking with you. (You made quite an impression on Caitlin, too, you know.) I'm glad we had the opportunity to do this.

    And thanks for making MN sound so interesting. We had a great vacation and we really enjoyed your church. Thanks for that opportunity!

    ReplyDelete