Monday, August 16, 2010

This is the week!

This is a HUGE week for our family.

This is the week we take the girl to college. I can't believe how quickly this has come up. Wasn't it just yesterday that she was three years old, head of golden curls, beautiful blue eyes and sweet little voice, hugging her stuffed animals and singing all the songs from Beauty and the Beast?

Also this week, epic, but not so life-changing as taking your first child to college, I'm attending a book signing at Christian Book and Gift in Rochester, MN. I'll be there with my good friend Mary Connealy, whom I LOVE and ADORE. She's so great. Such a great writer, but an even better friend, and that's saying something!

I'm also anticipating meeting my content editor, Rachel O. who will be here in Rochester this weekend. Her daughter, Caitlin, is singing at our church Sunday morning.

There's a baby shower, a trip to the orthodontist, and learning to use my new cell phone thrown in there too.

Add to that trying to polish three chapters for a proposal I'm pitching at ACFW, starting edits on the next novel, and trying not to lose sleep over getting back content edits on Before the Dawn...and I'm pretty busy. :)

At least if I'm busy, I'm not brooding about my girl going away...at least not brooding much.

14 comments:

  1. So much going on for you! Exciting. You give me a glimpse of what we'll be doing in about ten years. I held my mom for what felt like forever when I said my good-bye.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad we couldn't schedule a funeral in there somewhere. That seems to be about par for the course around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! An atomic bomb exploding week!
    That is BIG!!

    May God get you through it all, Erica!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I live in a college town. It's fun to see all the kids back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you on sending your daughter off to college. I went through that last September with our one and only. I managed to get through the goodbye without breaking down, but I pulled off at the first exit, sat in my truck at Wendy's, and wept. There were some tearful trips through the grocery store over the next couple of weeks, too. My eyes filled when I walked past some of her favorite foods.

    In time, the sadness was replaced with excitement as I watched the wonderful changes our daughter was going through. I was delighted to see her growth.

    Cyber (((hugs))) to you as you experience this milestone, Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So busy! I hope your daughter has a great first semester at college.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wait until that first phone call on your cellphone: Mom, I ran out of sawdust can you send me a 2 x 4? Or the call that says: I miss your Chicken Yum Yum. Food service makes Chicken Yuck Yuck.

    Kevin's comment cracked me up too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definitely relate! We'll be taking our daughter to college in September! Wow, sounds like you're busy. God knows all about it - and who knows, maybe it'll keep your mind off of missing your daughter too much! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Erica!! Heather's off to college?? What a crazy feeling that must be!! I'll keep your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very appropriate picture! That is exactly how I would feel if I were sending my daughter away to college! I'm glad I'm only sending her to third grade next week. Thanks for the welcome Erica! I'm looking forward to working with Barbour! JoAnne is such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to Sunday, Erica, as you know! I get choked up when I realize I only have three more years before Caitlin heads off into the world. I will be a basket case when that happens. Yikes! Hugs as you need them...may this be a blessed week of focusing on firsts, not lasts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel for you! This is huge, and I can't say I'm sorry mine is staying home. You'll have to fill me in on the details...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember when our eldest daughter left for university and for weeks every time I passed the door of her empty bedroom the tears started. Our kids are all married now and it's saying goodbye after family visits that's so hard. Love to see them come; hate to see them go! The years pass too quickly.

    ReplyDelete