Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Conference is Coming!



I can't believe how quickly this year has flown! Conference is roaring up on us so fast. We're down to single digits for days left.

There are some things I still need to do to get ready for the conference.

1. Decide what I'm going to wear, especially for the banquet. I don't want to buy anything new, since the dress I wore last year...well, I haven't worn it since. I'm wondering if it is kosher to wear the same thing twice in a row. I haven't decided yet. I'll try on a few things from my closet and see.

2. Make lists. I'm a big list person, and I know I'll forget something if I don't make lists.

3. Pack. This usually takes me a couple of days and I trip over the open suitcase while I am filling it.

4. Read Georgiana Daniels's "What I'm Not Wearing To Conference" Post. This is a favorite of mine each year.

5. Daydream and lose some sleep at night as I anticipate the conference, seeing people, learning new things, making memories.

How about you? Do you find it hard to sleep when you're anticipating something wonderful?

Please join me over at http://heartsong-authors.blogspot.com/ where I'm talking about what it's like to hear from readers.

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait!! Last night I was getting so antsy. I think because I'm finished with one project and temporarily story-less that the waiting is so difficult right now! I just want the conference to be here already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I've been shopping and need to finish up--get snacks for the hotel, gum, and the little things! Yeah, I hate to buy a dress and only wear it once! I'm pretty sure most people won't remember, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, already losing sleep. I say go for it with the same dress. Heck, I haven't seen you in it. ;)

    It's pretty funny how many lists I've made reminding me of things about this conference. Now if I could just remember where I put them all.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe! I've been dreaming about Caitlin's participation in National Quartet Convention's soloist contest the same weekend. I never actually get to the auditorium or hear her sing--there's so much other stuff to worry/think/plan/dream about.

    And the dress? Wear last year's, but take it to a store and ask them to attach a tag to it as if it were new. Then you can "discover" the tag at the banquet and everyone will think it's new!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Erica, I'm getting excited. Especially when I realized it's NEXT WEEK! Can't wait to see you. And you'll be beautiful is whatever you wear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very excited for the conference! This will be my first and I'm looking forward to learning and meeting people who are on the same wave-length as me. Really looking forward to meeting you, Erica! I just finished 'The Engineered Engagement' and I loved it! And like everyone else said, wear the same dress. No one will know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, yay! How exciting that I made it onto your list :D I'd best finalize this year's outfits. Not sure that anything could ever beat the El Camino of shoes.

    ReplyDelete