Friday, October 29, 2010

The Friday Five

this week's Friday Five is brought to you by the letter M.

Four things I like that start with the letter M and one thing I don't.

1. Monkeys. Love stuffed monkeys. I have a little monkey that hangs from my visor in my van, and he gets the credit and the blame for all the green and red stoplights I hit. We call it his Monkey Mojo. :)

2. M & Ms. Peanut, plain, almond, and I'm really wanting to try the pretzel M&M's. I like the red ones best.

3. Mom. I like my mom, and I like being called Mom by my kids. I remember holding my elder child just after she was born and thinking, "I can't believe I'm somebody's MOTHER!" But now it is as natural as breathing to me.

4. Movies. I have an extensive DVD collection. Animated, Westerns, Fantasy, Chick-flick, tear-jerkers...old, newish, black and white, color, blu-ray, CGI, it doesn't matter, I like them all.

5. BONUS M that I like, thanks to CJ jogging my memory. I love Mysteries! Historical mysteries are great. Cadfael, Amelia Peabody, Sherlock Holmes. Contemporary mysteries, Dick Francis, Sarah Graves.

one thing I don't like that starts with M.

Mustard...the bright yellow kind they put on hotdogs and hamburgers. Blech!

Soooo...whaddaya like and not like that starts with M?

9 comments:

  1. Hmm, Men, Mysteries, Marshmallows (toasted), Milk shakes, and I don't care for Mars bars. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even grey poupon? No?

    Monkeys rock!

    My mom rocks!

    Milk doesn't rock inside my body as of the last two years. So that gets my vote for dislike.

    Have a great weekend!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby starts with an M, and I also love milk and malts and then there's the beautiful month of May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda2:50 PM

    Oops, can't even spell my name right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like mustard! And M&M's and milk chocolate.

    Mustaches? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love looking at the moon. Hate Muenster, the cheese not the city

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, good list. I like Moms too, and movies, macaroni and cheese.
    I don't like mud. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE mustard! I used to put it on french fries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SO FUN! Glad I came outta the writing cave for this one!!

    Memories, Memos, Mementoes, Menthol, Memorizing scripture, Memorials to cool people!!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete