Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Framed!



With the arrival of the cover flats for Maggie and the Maverick, the Idaho Brides trilogy is complete. This time, instead of having the covers professionally framed as I did with my first series, I decided to see if I could do the work myself (with the help of my husband who worked at a frame shop once upon a time.)

I bought three 8x10" frames and had black mats cut at the same time. My son helped me hang the pictures on my bedroom wall.

I saved quite a bit of money since I waited until the frames went on sale and did the work myself, and I'm pleased with the results. It's still hard to believe that book six is being shipped to readers this month. What a whirlwind!

Also today, join me over at Words Seasoned With Salt where I'm chatting with Pepper Basham about falling in love. You can enter to win a copy of Maggie and the Maverick.

11 comments:

  1. Woohoo! That's awesome! I'd love to see your wall someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wall of framed book covers! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frames look great, especially Cal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check that out! Great idea. A tribute to your hard work.

    Headed to Pepper. Got the chance to speak with her on the phone not long ago. A complete joy!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! What a wonderful way to celebrate your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda9:08 AM

    They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're on six? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! You and your hubby did a fantastic job of the framing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea :D Very cute. Between that and the scrapbook you have got your bases covered!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and how lovely!!!! I pray I get to do that someday! You are most richly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea! I'm totally going to copy you (hope that's okay!). And your frames look GORGEOUS!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete