Friday, November 12, 2010

The Friday Five

Tube at my Feetphoto © 2007 David Goehring | more info(via: Wylio)
Today's Friday Five is brought to you by the letter O.

Four things I like that start with O and one thing I don't.

1. Ohio. The state, not the university. My dad is from Ohio and so is my publisher.

2. Oatmeal cookies. With big fat raisins.

3. Oak. Quarter-sawn, rift-sawn, plain-sawn. I like the look of oak. Which is a good thing, because I have a lot of it in my house and we sell a lot of it at our place of business.

4. Opals. I love opal jewelry, even though I wasn't born in October. (Another O I Like, October!) I love the fire and light in opals.

and one thing I don't like that starts with O...actually, I thought of two, and since I don't like them equally, I'll put them both out there for your consideration.

5. Oysters. Eating an oyster would violate my "NOTHING FROM THE SEA!!!!" rule. (That's right. I shout it sometimes.) Seafood...blech!!!!

6. Olives. Black, green, stuffed with pimento, dotting a pizza or in a salad, I loathe olives.

What about you? What do you like and not like that starts with the letter O?

6 comments:

  1. I LIKE olives, but only black ones. And oranges, too. I DON'T like green olives...

    Why are my picks all about food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of oatmeal cookies with raisins is making me salivate. I like oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips too. I'm not too fond of Oreos though I like their cream filling. Even though I love seafood, I don't care for oysters or octopus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Oregon and otters.

    There are so many cool words that start with O, like octopi, ogre, onomatopoeia and my favorite Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I understand who you are anymore, Erica - not liking olives. How can a person NOT like olives??

    Things I love that start with O?

    OLIVES!!! There's a picture of me as a six year-old (I kid you not) unwrapping a present from Santa Clause, and guess what's inside?? A jar of olives. Yep. And gues who's wearing the most excited smile EVER in the picture? Six-year old me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olives, oranges, and Oo I can't think of anything else! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, Katie's going to be all confused by me too. I don't like olives either.

    Like oysters though.

    Don't like: onion smell on my hands when I'm all dressed up and have just prepared a meal

    Like: Opals too. Birth stone. ;)

    Happy weekend!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete