Friday, November 26, 2010

The Friday Five

photo © 2007 candycanedisco | more info (via: Wylio)

This week's letter is Q.

Four things I like that start with Q and one thing I don't.

1. Quilts. Old quilts, especially. I love the ones that you know were pieced from scraps of old clothes.

2. Quail hunting dogs. My dad raised Brittany Spaniels, and I loved those dogs.

3. Quotes. I love pithy quotes...especially from Mark Twain or Winston Churchill.

4. Quaker Oatmeal Apple Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal. :)

and one things I don't like starts with a q.

5. Queens...DRAMA QUEENS! Nuff said.

How about you? Likes and dislikes that start with a q?

6 comments:

  1. What?!? No drama queens? *grin*

    Hmmm, I like quarters and quilts and quiet.

    I don't care for quacking ducks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. quail-hunting dogs is a stretch, but my daddy liked them, too, so I'll give you a "bye."

    What? No drama queens? And I thought we were friends.

    The Bartered Bride's in my TBR stack.

    Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to write with quills. Hate queso (I think that's how "cheese" is spelled in Spanish).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilt is my fav Q word. They are full of love and history and stories. Also like the state quarters and quiet is good at the right times.

    Not in favor of quotas.

    Drama queens, too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of our daughters has a Brittany... lovely breed. I usually can't think of many Q words when I'm playing Scrabble, but let's see...

    LIKES:
    1. Quiche -- all kinds except seafood.
    2. the quadrangle at Knox College in Toronto where we lived while my DH began his theological studies. The College was said to be one of the best examples of Gothic architecture in the country.
    3. the sound of HP's fictional game of Quidditch as it rolls off the tongue (although I still can't figure out how it's played).
    4. Qualifying Scores when I compete with my dogs in obedience trials.
    5. Definitely thankful for the QWERTY keyboard. Can't imagine having to use the one that had the DHIATENSOR letters in the home row!

    DON'T LIKE:
    1. the idea of being a quitter. Anything I start I like to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. I've got it.

    I like ...

    James Bond QUANTUM of SOLACE

    I like pink QUARTZ

    I like QUESTION Marks

    I LOVE QDOBA Mexican Grill's Naked Taco Salad.

    Finally, I love QUIRKY heroes.

    ReplyDelete