Monday, December 06, 2010

Procrastination, thy name is Erica!

sealphoto © 2006 Alex Shultz | more info (via: Wylio) Enough already! For the past week I've dinked and dunked and messed around, but that's it! No more.

It's time to get that word-counter moving again. Four more chapters to write. The end is in sight. Then I can dig into edits and fix the stuff I KNOW is wrong with this story.

I'm having a rough time getting settled into a new routine with basketball practices and games, squeezing in time to write. And a place to write while the boy is at practice. I had thought the church where the practices are held would work out, but having a stranger with a laptop sitting in the church library a couple times a week spooked the buildings and grounds manager, so I've had to find another place. The North Caribou Coffee in Rochester is a noisy, bustling place where I've found it hard to concentrate. If it wasn't winter, I'd work in the car, but it's too cold. I'm going to have to find some solution though, since the season lasts Nov.-Mar.

How about you? Have you been procrastinating? Have you found it difficult to get into a new routine?

11 comments:

  1. YES!! I have been. And I take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one. But I got my butt in gear yesterday and did some writing and need to get back to my disciplined writing time in the mroning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, after NaNo I was kinda burn out, and took a little break. Now that I am ready to jump back in, it is DECEMBER and many of my nights are taken up with parties, choir practice, and basketball games. Gotta find time somewhere. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems once you get a schedule worked out, something comes along like holidays and everything changes. I just try to roll with the punches and think Domani (tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *no* whispers quietly. I'm a freak. I already told you that. I thrive on stress and it's probably me just wanting to avoid some emotion thing. There I've self-diagnosed my freakish behavior.

    Now everyone feels better. ;)
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. It's a combination of things, really, but I know this time away from my writing is what I need right now. So...I just have to work on my plan for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't buy it! You wrote a bazillion novels this year girl! I hope you rest and good! Procrastinate all you want. You deserve it! Right now I'm getting ready to dive into my WIP and am SOOO excited! I've outlined and daydreamed about all I can handle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?! What on earth did the grounds mgr say? LOL, seems silly they won't let you write there. Well maybe you need a lil' rest anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Georgiana. Like you'd look like a creeper. Sheesh! He probably complains if someone sits in his pew, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. It isn't writing I'm procrastinating about, it's Christmas preparations. After a month of NaNoWriMo I was right into my w.i.p., then December came along. We put the tree up early, but the other things that I should be doing now (and there aren't that many) keep getting shoved aside because I want to keep writing. I *have* to make time to address the cards soon or there won't be any point in mailing them at all.

    It's too bad about that church library. It seems like such a logical place. Hope you soon find a suitable alternative. The practice time slot is too good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in the same boat. Basketball practice and games until March. It's hard! And don't even think about working in your car. No frostbite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen! I'm involved with too many things, and some projects don't get done well, or fall by the wayside. Drives me crazy...and I'm not that young anymore to waste what time I may have left. p.s. Love your blog/title, Erica! Blessings on your writing efforts...Pat

    ReplyDelete