Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow!

STOP Snowing!photo © 2008 John Talbot | more info (via: Wylio)
This is representative of the snowfall that pummeled our state this weekend.

Rochester reported 16 inches of new snow, and the Twin Cities got hit with 20+ inches. It all proved too much for the Metrodome which crumpled under the weight of so much snow and burst three of the panels. The Dome deflated like a leaky balloon.

In case you haven't seen it yet, you can click here and watch the roof come down from the inside.

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/metrodome-collapse-video-photos-when-do-vikings-play-giants-2737023.html

I spent the weekend at home watching it snow. Church was cancelled, piano recital was cancelled.

At least we're pretty much guaranteed a white Christmas.

How about you? Do you have snow? Do you usually have a white Christmas?

10 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you!! It looks insane up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of snow. We haven't had any in Oklahoma yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the roof collapse on the news pretty impressive. We've only had a dusting of snow. Now gone. Your blizzard brought Boston warm temps (50's) and heavy rains. I'll be happy to go through the winter with temps of 50 and no snow or heavy rains. Weather dudes are hinting maybe a storm next weekend. I think they're just jealous that you have a white Christmas. Christmas in Boston is usually brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heading to FL. so I'm going go with no on the white Christmas answer.

    I remember one year my sisters and I made an igloo in CT. It stayed there all winter.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda8:29 AM

    That was a lot of snow! I was able to stay inside and get the hot chocolate ready while my poor guys had to go out and shovel and shovel and shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was proud to share with my boys YOUR FB news bulletin about the roof collapse.

    They couldn't BELIEVE I knew something about football before them!!

    Check out my blog later tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much snow! I thought about you when I saw news about the Metrodome. We've gotten big snow storms like that over the last several years but usually it's more mild. Most of the time we at least have snow ON the ground for Christmas, if not a few flakes, but this year I'm not sure if we're going to get anything. I don't mind because I'm not a big fan of snow but the kids really want something :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It gets like that in the mountains, but since leaving Buffalo I honestly don't miss big snowfalls. Nope. Not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could we trade for one day? we're having a heatwave today. It' s been in the eighties. I actually called to see how much it would cost to have snow delivered to our yard and it cost several thousands of dollars. So, you are very blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a snowstorm. Snow day on Monday! Yay! Now it's icy and freezing but still pretty. I couldn't believe the Vikings stadium. Wow!

    ReplyDelete