Monday, January 24, 2011

IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!!


I'm so excited to be able to (FINALLY) announce that my friend, Katie Ganshert, has signed her first book contract!

SQUEEEE!




I told Katie I would bring cupcakes, streamers, and fizzy punch to the party.
Katie has worked so hard. I've never met anyone so enthusiastic about learning. She reminds me so much of Jacob wrestling with The Angel of the Lord, refusing to let go until He gave Jacob a blessing. Katie attacks her writing with the same determination to learn everything she can as quickly as possible, and she won't let go until she's certain she's wrung everything she can out of a new concept.

It's always so much fun to share in the excitement of a first sale. Katie's been waiting for weeks and months to be able to announce the two-book contract she was offered.

I hope you'll head on over to: http://www.katieganshert.blogspot.com/ and get all the details and wish her your congratulations.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm partying big time on this one!

    I think that is one of the reasons I find Katie so awesome, she shares a love of learning. Makes for a very cool friend.

    Love both of you gals.
    Let's dance!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thrilled for Katie! I hope she never comes down from this cloud! It's her dream come true and I'm so glad to see it happen. =) *throws confetti*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray again for Katie! I am so happy for you and so excited we're all celebrating together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW!! Erica!! I'm all SMILES and BLUSHES here right now, reading your blog post. Thank you SO much for the cupcakes and confetti and uberdy duberdy (how's that for a word?) kind words. This day is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did someone say party??

    And Katie??

    And book contracts??

    And wait, is that cupcakes??

    Woo-woo!

    Sooooo happy for Katie! Thanks, Erica for this fun celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was over at Katie's blog earlier today and left balloons and a chocolate cake to help celebrate. I'm so pleased for her! I know she's been waiting for a very long time. Isn't it wonderful how good news can be so easily shared with cyber friends? I keep saying it, but it's true: the online writing community is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Katie. And I loved how you used the story of Jacob to illustrate determination, and God's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A BIG congratulations to you, Katie! What wonderful news! And thanks for hosting such a yummy party Erica!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete