Friday, February 11, 2011

The Friday Five

This week's Friday Five is: THE LETTER Z!

Can you believe it? We've reached the letter Z already! (Now I'm going to have to think up something else for the Friday Five...)

So, Four things I like that start with Z and one thing I don't.

1. Zoos. LOVE zoos. I've been to lots of zoos, but there are few I'd love to visit. San Diego Zoo. Cincinnati Zoo. The National Zoo. The Toronto Zoo.

2. Zaccheus. What a great story, and I loved the song and the actions that went along with it when I was a kid. (Okay, show of hands, who's singing the song in their head now?)

3. The Cole sisters, Zephra and Zoe, who are entertaining Rochester Area Homeschool Defenders basketball players.

4. Fried Zucchini with ranch dressing dip. MMMMM Everything is better fried.

and one thing I don't like that starts with Z

5. Zone defense. Especially that which was played by Syracuse University against the Kansas Jayhawks in the 2003 Final Four Championship Game.

How about you? What do you like and not like that starts with Z.

And do you have any suggestions for what you'd like to see in future Friday Fives?

Oh, and hop on over to http://seekerville.blogspot.com/ today. Tina Radcliffe is talking about the best writing advice ever.

And tomorrow I'll be at Crossroads Bookstore in Sioux Falls, SD signing books with Rose Ross Zediker and Mary Connealy. If you can join us, that would be fantabulous. If you can't and you'd still like a signed book, contact the store and they will see about getting one to you.

10 comments:

  1. Man, now what will you do with Fridays? :0

    We went to the San Diego zoo on our honeymoon. Awesome. My husband had every day planned. Go. Go. Go.

    Z...hmmm.

    Like: Zizzerzazzerzuss (or spelled something like that from Dr. Seuss' book).

    Dislike: the need for Zicam (even though I don't take allergy medicine I probably should b/c my nose runs 24/7). I still don't like the need for it.

    So fun to play these Fridays with you!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zoos too. When you visit, we can go to the Roger Williams Zoo. I also love to catch my zzzz's in the afternoons. I like how Z is pronounced zed in a lot of foreign languages. Don't like Zamorano cheese or any cheese for that matter. But you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda8:44 AM

    zzzzzzzzs, an afternoon nap, love it.

    And I've got Zippity Do Da to compete with Zaccheus in your head.

    And Zinnias, need those for a summer bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda8:44 AM

    zzzzzzzzs, an afternoon nap, love it.

    And I've got Zippity Do Da to compete with Zaccheus in your head.

    And Zinnias, need those for a summer bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love zoos, too. We have a membership to the Denver Zoo and we go all the time--except in the snow :) I'm sad the alphabet Friday's are over but excited to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I adore zoos! I strongly dislike the word zen. Couldn't even tell you what it means, but it gives me the willies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Z! That's crazy!!

    I love Wendy's! A zizzerzazzerzuz! Those are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree--zoos! I love them. I can't get enough!

    Have fun at the booksigning tomorrow! Wish I could come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zippers! I always thought someone should invent an abdominal one for my multi-C-section deliveries. :)

    The zamboni that perfects the ice for hockey games and skating competitions.

    Zinfandel wine. Mmmm, tasty.

    Zebras. Did you know that no two of them are marked exactly the same?

    My bug zapper... gets rid of pesky mosquitos before they start dive-bombing me in the dark after I've gone to bed! LOL (I guess that's a fifth item. Who knew there were so many Z things that I like?)

    Don't care for Zombie stories, despite their popularity.

    I can't believe you've made it all the way through the alphabet already! As for next... what about encouraging your readers to identify a blessing each weekday and share them on Fridays? I suppose it's a little like Ann Voskamp's 1000 gifts... learning to be more aware of God's hand in our everyday lives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take zzzzz's for all five categories. Yes, sometimes it's not such a great thing. Btw, I won your book and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete