Friday, February 18, 2011

The Friday Five



Today's Friday Five is:

Five things I LOVED about Mary Connealy's Shartshooter in Petticoats.

1. It is the culmination of a 9 book series. And all the major players show up in the finale so it's like visiting with old friends.

2. The action stampedes. There is NO down time in this story.

3. Tom Linscott, the hero. Well, he's a MAN. A real, tough, strong, protective, stubborn, heroic man,.

4. The humor. I love to gasp and giggle my way through a book, and Mary Connealy always gives me that experience. Sharpshooter in Petticoats is no exception.

5. The romance. Tom and Mandy are head-over-heels in love from the get-go. And they have a delightful time discovering what it means to finally be man and wife.

And a bonus:

The thing I loved best about Sharpshooter in Petticoats?  Mary Connealy herself. She is one of my dearest writing friends, a mentor, an advocate, a treasure. So generous with her wisdom, time, humor, encouragement. She has helped me every step of the way along this journey.

So, question for you...do you have a mentor-friend who has helped you?

4 comments:

  1. Yup, my calligraphy teacher now friend and colleague.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Erica. I think of us more as a TEAM than as me being a mentor. I learn something everytime I talk to you.

    Loved doing the book signing together. Thanks for coming so far for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great book! Mary's books always entertain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider all my blogging buddies mentors, but funny you should ask, I just told Lisa Jordan she was my mentor. BTW, I gobbled up the Bartered Bride!!!! It was written so wonderfully. I was in awe of you each time I turned the page. I'm hooked on your writing now. I reallllllly loved it!

    ReplyDelete