Friday, April 08, 2011

An April Friday Five

Free Wishing You Blue Skies and Rainbows Creative Commonsphoto © 2007 D. Sharon Pruitt | more info (via: Wylio)Happy April!

Five things I love about April:

1. NCAA Men's national championship game. Oddly enough, March Madness winds up in April now.

2. Baseball season stars and it's a whole new season. It's way too early for Cubs' fans to say "Wait 'til next year."

3. Warmer temps and things start to turn green. I miss green. I NEED green! Happily, I have a single purple crocus blooming in my garden. :)

4. Easter. And Easter break with my daughter. I can't wait to go pick her up for the long weekend.

5. Sunshine. Twilight lingers, the sun feels stronger, and I get happier.

How about you? What do you like about April?

11 comments:

  1. As Twilight lingers, does that mean that Edward "glitters and sparkles" more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to being in the sun room.

    And, Kevin? I think as Twilight lingers, Edward gets more royalties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being able to leave the windows and the back door open. The back porch basically becomes part of the house for the next couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the chirping birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My birthday - although that gets less and less exciting with each year. :)

    Mainly, I love the warmer weather and the thunderstorms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need green, too!

    Katie, when is your b-day?

    I like the smell when I walk outside and dirt on my hands after making mud pies or pretending I can garden.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. April - I love the extra sunshine, the open windows, the birds, looking for flowers to poke through the ground and watching the grass the turn green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green, too. And when the clouds pile up for a storm. Lots to love about April.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, outdoor weather! In another couple of months it will be too HOT to stay outside! And sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby got to go to the final four tournament with his dad and brothers. They had a BLAST! I stayed home with a car that broke down and termites invading INSIDE the home!!! Fun....

    I love the warmth of the sun, the daffodils and tulips, and the peaches showing up on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. April heralds the return of all the colour that's been missing during winter -- all the pinks and yellows and new greens. Our home is surrounded with tall evergreen trees whose winter colour is a deep hunter green. As the weather warms their colour lightens, then new growth forms a lacy light green edging to every branch. It makes me envision God crocheting trim to decorate the season's new wardrobe. :)

    ReplyDelete