Wednesday, April 06, 2011

April Goals

Little Red Bootsphoto © 2008 mollypop | more info (via: Wylio)A new month, and time for a reassessment of goals.

My goals for March were:


1. Finish Stars in Her Eyes. Getting sick the last week of February put me behind schedule on this title and I want to have it all ready to turn in by April 1st.

2. Take care of my responsibilities re the Genesis Contest. I am a category coordinator and I will be busy this month sending and receiving emails to judges and contestants.

3. Go on a writing retreat with one of my crit buds. :) We've been planning this for months, and I can't wait to see her again and to write, write, write!

4. Continue the plotting for Sagebrush Knights. SK is my summer project. :)

So, how'd I do?

1. I finished Stars in Her Eyes and sent it off to the crit girls.
2. The first round of the Genesis is in the books. Now it's on to my second round responsibilities.
3. The writing retreat was AWESOME!
4. Plotting is in full swing on Sagebrush Knights.

So, April Goals:

1. Finish all the plotting for Sagebrush Knights and begin the first novella.
2. Genesis Contest work.
3. Incorporate crit comments on Stars in Her Eyes and get it sent in to my editor.
4. Copy edits on A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas


So, how did you do on your March goals, and what is one thing you want to accomplish in April?

5 comments:

  1. Let nothing stupid happen until the papers are signed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pack me in your suitcase for #3. ;)

    I cannot believe I'm writing this, but I actually think it's possible to reach 60K on my WIP. I'm flying and last night I couldn't sleep b/c a new idea is blooming. Taking notes.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are one productive woman, Erica!!

    So, I have questions. You just sent your full draft to your crit partners (guessing 50k since that's what you generally write). How many run throughs of it did you do on your own before sending it to them?
    And, how long do they generally take to critique it before sending it back to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Erica!

    My proposal is with a pub that I believe is a great fit; I'd like to have a contract signed by the end of April. Is anything too hard for the Lord?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I accomplished one of my March goals, revamped another and made reasonable progress on it. One of my April intentions is to begin submitting queries to agents, something I've been procrastinating about since prior to Christmas. I also want to get back to writing the magazine articles that I put aside in favour of concentrating on my novels. I'm dragging my feet a bit at the moment, but expecting spring to bring renewed enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete