Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Exciting News

I'm very happy to announce that I've signed a contract for my second Romancing America Single Title!

Coming in the fall of 2012 from Barbour Publishing:

A Bride Sews With Love In Needles, CA

Here's a brief synopsis of the story:

Meghan Thorson, a Harvey Girl in the fabulous El Garces Hotel of Needles, California, delights in waiting on the hundreds of ‘doughboys’ headed for the trenches in Europe. With a brother fighting somewhere in France, Meghan’s service to the soldiers is her way of joining the cause. When her brother is wounded, she enlists her fellow Harvey Girls to sew a Red Cross signature quilt to raise money to help injured soldiers.



Local horse breeder Caleb McBride longs to enlist, but the army won’t take him. Ashamed of the infirmity that keeps him out of the military, he allows people to think him a coward rather than reveal his polio-crippled foot. Instead, he contributes by breaking horses for the US Cavalry. Though the town thinks he’s only trying to profit from a war he won’t fight in, Meghan’s poor opinion of him hurts the most. How can he be worthy of her love when he despises himself?


When influenza invades the town, the hotel is made the temporary hospital. The Harvey Girls become nurses to the soldiers, travelers, and locals who succumb to the sickness. Caleb is taken ill, and in the course of caring for him, Meghan learns the secret he’s kept hidden all these months. Both of them must kill their pride before their chance at love comes apart at the seams.

I'm so excited to work on this story! The research has already been so much fun.

I'm also excited because I get to go pick up Heather from school tomorrow for the long weekend! Squee!!!

We're also going to take in the Treasures of Egypt exhibit at the MN Science Museum on the way home...and exhibition I've wanted to see for a long time. So exciting!

What are you excited about these days?

22 comments:

  1. I'm excited for YOU, Erica!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It sounds like a wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great story! My historical is set in 1918. There were so many scary, interesting things happening then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! That's awesome, Erica! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excitedf for you on three counts--
    1. book
    2. daughter
    3. Egypt

    :D :D :D
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, YAY, MY FRIEND!!!!

    Super Mega Congrats...

    Now go fix your link on Twitter. I tried it twice and it wouldn't work. Just sent me a big, ol', scary
    "WARNING!!"

    screen.

    Almost a little over the top, y'know?

    Laughing for you in upstate NY, and I'm WAY MORE FUN than Connealy ever thought of being.

    I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So excited for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harvey Girls?? Yeaaaa!!! I love their role in history. Can't wait to read this one. Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in awe Erica! How many books do you have in the works now? Very impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Another book by you that I can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlin' Lass!

    Tis sad that the little Twitter bird is not lovin' your address but ye know that is no' the case with your friend Jack!

    Liftin' a bit o' somethin' in your honor!

    Congrats to you, m'lass!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you, Erica!! You amaze and inspire me. Congrats, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY!!!!! I LOVE the title!!! And yes, I'm excited/frightened/trusting of the new direction the Lord has taken my life. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulation, Erica! I'm sooo excited for you. The story sounds great, and it's set in California. A two-fer for this native of the Golden State. I look forward to reading it.

    I hope you have a blast with your DD.

    (The link to the post gave me a warning, too. I guess the news is too thrilling for Twitter to handle. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! And I love reading about that time period. Sounds wonderful!! Have fun with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, Yay! Thank you all for celebrating with me. Soooo much fun to have friends like you!

    and Saaawoooon. I can't believe Jack stopped by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Erica! It sounds like a wonderful story!

    Have a wonderful time with the whole family home for Easter.

    ReplyDelete