1. The singing frog from the Warner Bros. cartoons. (pictured above) When the frog wasn't being watched, he wouldn't shut up the singing and dancing, and when he was on stage...nothing but a 'brrrrapppppp.'
2. Claude the Cat. I love Claude. His owners bring home a precocious little puppy that wants to make a chew-toy of Claude. The puppy's favorite ploy is to sneak up on a sleeping or unaware Claude and bark his head off. Claude rockets into the air and clings to the ceiling. :)
3. Egghead Jr. I loved how this little fellow could use his vast knowledge of calculus to find exactly where Foghorn Leghorn was hiding when they played hide-and-seek.
4. Also from Foghorn Leghorn cartoons is Henry the Chickenhawk. He was forever trying to take down the much larger Foghorn Leghorn and proclaiming to the world that he was CHICKENHAWK! in all capital letters.
5. Sam the Sheepdog, the nemesis of Ralph the Wolf. Sam sat high on a hill and without exerting much effort foiled every nefarious plan of Ralph the Wolf to steal sheep from the flock.
How about you? Who else would you add to this list of non-headlining and yet wonderful cartoon characters?