photo © 2008 Nedo Homawoo (via: Wylio)
Today I get to do three totally awesome things.
I get to call the finalists in the Genesis Contest YA division.
I get to spend the night with my daughter...a girls' sleepover.
I get to have dinner with the awesome Mary Connealy! Squee!
So, for today's Friday Five,
Five things I love about having dinner with a writing buddy.
1. Learning from one another. Sharing the information we have about the industry, about the craft, etc.
2. Talking to someone who understands the idiosyncrasies of the writing life. As supportive and loving and understanding as our family and non-writing friends can be, nobody 'gets' a writer like another writer.
3. Brainstorming ideas. Talking about killing people, kidnapping people, poisoning people, etc. And sharing cool historical ideas and settings, too. And the other person doesn't worry about your sanity, because she's right in there with you creating mayhem for characters.
4. Whining. A little. Commiserating the hard stuff. Blowing off a little steam in a safe environment. Granted, I have like...zip...to complain about, but I'm a pretty good listener.
5. Becoming rejuvenated and revitalized and re energized to get back to the work I love. Talking with a writer friend reminds me how much I love what I do and how much I want to keep doing it.
How about you? What do you like about hanging out with writers?
*** Due to complications with Blogger being down, the Bloggaversary celebration will continue through the weekend. Anyone who leaves a comment on yesterday's or today's blog post will be entered to win the Seven Autographed Books and the $10 gift card to Amazon.com or B&N.com
Be sure to leave a way for me to contact you if you win.