Friday, May 20, 2011

The Friday Five

Dandelion close-upphoto © 2005 Benjamin Esham | more info (via: Wylio)

This summer seems to be taking forever to get here, probably because it is so pea-picken' cold here still. We had one 48 hr period of warmth...enough to make all the dandelions pop out.

But we're creeping along toward full-blown summer. My daughter is home from college. My son has finished his homeschooling year. My husband took the snowblower off the tractor and put the belly mower on.

So, today's Friday Five is:

Five things I'm looking forward to this summer:


1. Warm weather! It hasn't really been warm here since October.

2. Vacation. My parents are visiting this summer, and they're bringing my aunt, uncle, and a little cousin along. We're going to Duluth and the Mesabi Iron Range, and I shall gaze upon lovely Lake Superior and think long, deep thoughts. (Or I'll throw a zillion rocks into the water and watch them sink.)

3. Walking. I want to walk outside again. I've been a bit of a slacker when it comes to exercise this winter, and warm, breezy days beckon.

4. A writer's weekend. Hoping to get together with some writer friends sometime in July and write, write, write.

5. Reading and writing. I have a TBR stack that is threatening to topple over on the rest of the house, and I have some novellas and a novel to write.

Ah, summer!

What are you looking forward to this summer?

And a BLOGGAVERSARY WINNER! I assigned a number to each of the comments and emails I received and went to random.org and let them choose a number...

The Winner is.....Keli Gwyn! Congratulations, Keli!

Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate five years of blogging, and Keli, I'll be sending you the seven books and the gift card ASAP.

10 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited, it's not even funny. I have one week of school left, and the fun isn't going to stop in mid-August!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been waiting to get in the sun room. It's just been too chilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Keli.

    Insanely, we have about 5 more weeks of school here!

    Looking forward to the sun. Yes, the big yellow thing that appears in the sky. It shall return and I hear it's going to make quite a comeback.

    Also, vacations, my mom visiting, and crunching down on edits.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, I'm going to sound uber negative because I'm kind of dreading the summer when I have to entertain my little man 24-7 (no preschool). :) On the bright side, our schedule is more flexible so I don't have to get myself and the kids ready two mornings a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to lazy days with my kids and typing "the end".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to not having to get up at 6:30am every morning to get my son up and dressed and fed and at school by 7:40am. In other words, I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little!

    Also looking forward to a vacation and days spent at the lake with friends.

    Erica, I received my Heartsong shipment yesterday with "Before the Dawn" in it. Yay! The cover is so beautiful. I can't wait to dive in and get lost in the story of Karen and David!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the summer. I'm excited to sign my son up for swimming lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erica, it's been cold here too. I don't think my kids have had a week of school yet where they've been able to wear short sleeves more than once or twice. For Kansas, that's pretty ridiculous.

    2. Your vacation is one I took with my family back in high school! I still have such wonderful memories of it--it was one of our first vacations that didn't involve visiting family so it was a big deal. Hope you all have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking foward to flip-flops, okay so that's an excuse for the pedi I'm actually looking forward to! I'm also ready for lounging by the pool and watching my kids do canon balls while I read my TBR stack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erica, your vacation sounds awesome. I hope you have a wonderful time taking in the sights with your relatives.

    I'm delighted to be the winner of the drawing because I get to read all your books. I've read one and been meaning to get the rest, and now I'll have them all. And I'll use the gift card to purchase A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas. I'm sooo looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete