Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Exciting News!

I'm so excited! I received news this past week that the first two stories in the Idaho Brides have been licensed by Thorndike Large Print Press! Clara and the Cowboy and Lily and the Lawman will come out in hardback in July and August of this year. Isn't that cool????

One of the things that I find so exciting about this (aside from the fact that it's cooler than the antarctic...) is that one of my all-time favorite authors, the late, great Essie Summers, also had many of her stories optioned by Thorndike Press. I have two of her works in large-print, because that was the only way I could get them.
I really like the cover art for these books. And I love the fact that new readers will be able to enjoy these titles.

Hopefully, the third book in the series, Maggie and the Maverick, will be available through Thorndike soon.


So, are you familiar with Thorndike Press? And have you had any good news lately? Share so we can all celebrate!

13 comments:

  1. Girl - the covers are BEAUTIFUL!!! So, so, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! Congrats. I just read Deliver Us from Evil and it was through Thorndike Press.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooohoo! That is awesome. :-) Congrats, and yep, I think those covers are lovely. Esp. the silhouette one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica,

    You're on fire. Hot. Hot. Hot, woman!

    Makes me all the more excited to give you a congratulatory hug in Sept.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to take a ride with that cowboy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THat is SO awesome!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! :) So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous news! and those covers are also fabulous. No such exciting news to pass along, I'm afraid, but I'm happy for you. :) I'm not familiar with Thorndike but I have an aunt who enjoys large print novels so I appreciate Thorndike's mandate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Great news, Erica! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you to everyone! I'm still over the moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! And I agree, those covers are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete