Wednesday, June 08, 2011

First Contract Memories

For the next few weeks, I'm going to be hosting some guest bloggers who all have one thing in common. They have all been awarded their first writing contract at the ACFW Conference. Every year, Barbour Publishing offers a contract to a new writer during one of the general sessions.

In 2008, I was blessed to be the recipient of one of those contracts. You can read my story HERE.

You can read the story from my editor, JoAnne Simmons' perspective HERE.

The announcement of those contracts is soooo exciting. A real highlight of the conference.

So, I hope you'll return here to read some of these fun stories and live a little vicariously through them.

6 comments:

  1. So cool! Can't wait to read the stories, Erica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the 2008 conference--first one since joining in 2005. Looking forward to reading the posts. I love First Sale stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I can't wait to read this. Susan Sleeman had her contract happen that way, I think. And now, like you, she's multipubbed. ;-) Great idea Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, it was such fun to read the past posts and experience your joy all over again. I'm looking forward to hearing from other Barbour conference contract recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I'll be here. What a great way to pay if forward!

    ReplyDelete