Friday, June 10, 2011

The Friday Five

Suitcasesphoto © 2010 Garry Knight | more info (via: Wylio)This week's Friday Five is:

Five things I pack when I'm going on a vacation.

1. The GPS. I got this little gizmo for Christmas, and I'm not leaving on a vacation again without it if I can help it. :)

2. My laptop. Checking out where to stay, what to see, admission prices and hours. We usually have a plan the first few days of a vacation, then we wing it.

3. A bag of medicaments. Advil, Pepto, etc. Just in case.

4. Cell phone. Just makes life so much simpler.

5. Camera. To capture all those cool moments. :)

I also leave extra room in my suitcase for books that I plan to buy. I don't know when was the last time I took a vacation and didn't buy at least one history book. :)

How about you? What's one of your 'can't leave home without it' vacation items?

8 comments:

  1. What's a vacation? (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camera.

    I also like some sort of make me smell good item...lotion, perfume, etc. What can I say, I'm a smeller.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:29 AM

    Don't forget a change of clothes and a sweatshirt.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda7:31 AM

    I didn't mean to be anon. The last one was me.

    And isn't it nice not to take rolls of film, like in the old days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. In addition to things you've mentioned (except the GPS... don't have one of those), my journal always goes into my suitcase. I could write on my laptop, of course, but there's an intimate relationship between me and my journal pages.

    ReplyDelete