Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today, I'm thankful for rain. With a huge part of our country in the grip of a devastating drought, I am reminded again how vital rain is.

Here in Minnesota, the summer has been hot and humid, and we've had regular bouts of rain. The grass is still green, the flowers are blooming, and the lakes are full. The corn is tasseled out beautifully, and sweetcorn pack is underway.

Thank you, God, for the rain that replenishes and refreshes. I pray for those south of here who are experiencing drought, that they would rely on you, and that when relief comes, they will remember Who gives the rain and the harvest.

Has it rained where you are this summer? What are you thankful for this Thursday?

5 comments:

  1. We've had one rain...about 5 minutes of sprinkling...since mid May. Everything is so brown and we are water restrictions. Our lakes are so low...I mean they are closing them down! It is just so sad. We are to break a record Friday for the most consecutive days of 100 plus weather. Fun, huh?

    I am ready for a month of rain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. La lluvia es una bendición que necesitamos para sobrevivir.
    te deseo una feliz semana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It rarely rains in the Sierra Foothills of California in the summer. From June to mid-September most people here think nothing of planning outdoor events for that reason. When the first rain of the season comes, I've been known to rush outside, lift my face to the sky, hold out my arms, spin around, and inhale the musty, dusty smell first-rain scent I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've gotten very little rain in Oklahoma. My family farms in southwest Oklahoma, and they are in desperate need of rain. They need plenty of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No rain here in the summer. Today I'm thankful for sweet friends. (Did I say that last Thursday too?...oh well, I'm always thankful for friends!) :)

    ReplyDelete