Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for the Bible. I'm thankful to have the written Word of God. I own several Bibles myself, my family has more, and I'm afraid I often take this treasure for granted.

There are places on this planet that do not have a single copy of the Bible. Where the people cannot read God's Word in their own language.

There are places on this planet where possessing even a scrap of Scripture would be a death sentence.

Thank you, God, for your Word, and for revealing Yourself to us this way.


2 comments:

  1. Blogger ate my comment, so I'm back!
    What I said was:

    I don't know where I'd be without the Word. Honestly. If I think on it very long, it terrifies me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but think of Corrie ten Boom and that tiny Bible she managed to smuggle into Ravensbruck. God did a lot of good in that horrible place through her. Praise Him!

    ReplyDelete