Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This week I'm thankful for the power of music.

Over the last week, God has been reminding me of the power of music to change, to worship, lift up, to encourage. I've been listening to the above song on average about once a day lately.

At church this last Sunday, we sang every hymn a capella. Though I love the piano accompaniment, and I really like listening to Matt and Harry play, I have to admit, it was a good thing to sing with no other music than the voices of the congregation. I could hear those around me, all joined in worship. I could concentrate on the words, their meaning, and worshiping the God we were singing about.

So, what are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad Himself will be with me at the meeting. He'll to listen to me whine and help with the icky clean out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way to start the morning!

    Thanks. Going back for another listen.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for good books. I've read some great ones this summer and have more on my shelf ready to be savored, including A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas, written by a talented writer friend of mine, which is the one I'll be diving into next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful God reminded me today that I am His, He made me and He doesn't make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete