Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Microsoft Publisher Adventures


This just in! Thanks to the help of editor and friend Rachel Overton, I now have a .jpg of my Basketball advertisement for the Defender's Program.  Thank you, Rachel, you ROCK!


Earlier this week, I spent some time wandering around in Microsoft Publisher trying to put together an advertisement page for my books. My son plays basketball for the Rochester Area Home School Defenders. Each year, they sell advertising space in the game programs to help pay for things like referee fees, court costs, and uniforms.

Last year I purchased an advertisement, and the amazing Connie Weiss took my cover art and text and turned it into a nice little ad.

This year, the advertisers needed to put together their own ads. Enter my fumble-fingered attempts at photo, color, and text manipulations. (*facepalm*)

After much tweaking, moving, editing, sizing, and the occasional desire to smack my head into the keyboard, I finally came up with a design that I like.

Of course, since I'm me, and every computer activity seems to be a grand adventure, I couldn't figure out how to save my Word Document as a .jpg or .gif so I could put it here on the blog. Guess you'll have to come to a Defenders game. Our first game is Nov. 29th.

Today's stop on the Log Cabin Christmas Collection blog tour is http://www.debraullrick.com/ And the blog birthday party is still going on over at http://enjoyingthewritingcraft.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. To save your Word design as a .jpg, use Print Screen, a free print screen utility. Holding the control key and moving your mouse, you can select a rectangle of the portion of the screen you want. Then save it as a .jpg. Easy peasy. http://www.fiastarta.com/PrtScr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it when you figure that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so much to learn when it comes to technology! My computer isn't doing me any favors lately. Slow Joe.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Publisher pro. Send me your file. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, what a great idea-advertising like that. I need to remember this. I am so non-techy it's sad. When you figure it all out, you should post it step by step for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to seeing your ad after your techy pals help you get things figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Erica. Wish I could come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete