Wednesday, November 02, 2011

November Goals


November 2nd.

Where has this year gone? It's time to evaluate those goals again. 

First, let's check in on those October goals.

1. Turn in novella collection Sagebrush Knights. (Yay! I turned in this project, due 11/1 yesterday.) Turned in! Yay!

2. Plot out and begin work on A Bride Sews With Love in Needles, CA. There are 120 days until this ms is due, so I can't waste much time. The story needs to come in at about 80K words. I've got a good synopsis that just needs some fine tuning before I can dive into the story. I only got about 10K words written on this in October. Must do much better in November. 

3. Re-purpose a synopsis I wrote awhile back for submitting to a different house. Didn't get to this yet.

4. Read. My TBR stack is getting tall. I did make progress here. Read several books for endorsement and review.

5. Four book signings. Yay! Got four book signings done in October.

6. Finish up the thank you notes I need to write from the ACFW Conference. Hanging head here. I wrote several, but still have more to write.


Not so good.

November will have to be better.

Goals for November:

1. Shadow NaNoWriMo and put at least 50K words on my WIP.

2. Repurpose the synopsis.

3. Finish thank you notes.

4. Dig out old story from the files and take a look at putting together a synopsis.

5. Copy edits on Stars in Her Eyes. (Should be arriving any day now.)

Question for you: Are you setting goals for November? 

Also, I'm doing some more blog hopping today thanks to the generous help of writing buddies. Love you guys!

At Keli Gwyn's Blog http://keligwyn.wordpress.com/ discover some fun facts about photography in the 19th century. She's giving away a copy of A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas

At Jaime Wright's blog http://thejaimereports.blogspot.com/ we're talking tips for including historical figures in your fiction. 

At Sherri Wilson Johnson's blog http://sherriwilsonjohnson.com/2011/11/01/interview-with-erica-vetsch-about-how-her-faith-influences-her-writing/ we're talking about how faith influences writing.

And lest I forget! I'm blogging over at the Pentalk Community http://networkedblogs.com/pmBGJ about The Iceberg Principle, How not to overwhelm you reader with historical information.

As a bonus, here's some information about Sherri Johnson's new release To Dance Once More from OakTara Publishing. 

Sherri Wilson Johnson is a former homeschooling mom, a writer and a speaker. Writing has been a hobby of hers since she was a little girl. As a young adult, Sherri began writing Inspirational Romances, which quickly became her favorite pastime and grew into a calling. Her debut novel, To Dance Once More (OakTara), is a special project originating from her love of pure romance. It is set in Victorian-era Florida, bringing the romance of the beach and debutante balls together. Sherri hopes to prove that true love still exists and that it is worth the wait. She speaks candidly of the purity of not only her heroine but of her hero, as well, and desires to point others to Jesus through her words.




To Dance Once More
April 1886 -- Debutante Lydia Jane Barrington lives a carefree, protected existence on Live Oaks Plantation in Florida. But while her sisters happily learn the traditional tasks of women and talk of courting, Lydia dreams of adventure and independence. Even her friendship with handsome Hamilton Scarbrough isn’t enough to hold her back.

Then one day Hamilton opens Lydia’s eyes and her heart to love. But before they can receive permission to court, Lydia overhears a secret conversation about an unscrupulous business deal. Worse, it has everything to do with her and her future. Now she’s faced with the biggest decision of her life—to concede or to fight. Either choice will require great sacrifice…and, perhaps, countless rewards.

Watch the trailer! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAzh8X3NPaI http://sherriwilsonjohnson.com/to-dance-once-more/


Please stop by these lovely ladies' online homes. I know they will appreciate it, and I sure will too!




9 comments:

  1. I think I've seen the first two but will check out the third.
    You do have a lot of work ahead! I hope you take care of yourself and are able to finish it all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your output never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'll do some hopping after I get some revisions done.

    But I want to say that I see that 50k word goal there, Erica, and I wonder if you're nuts or what to add anything else to that list. You poor over worked girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a busy gal! I want to thank you again for taking time to write a guest post on my blog and for sharing To Dance Once More on your page! God bless you! Sherri www.sherriwilsonjohnson.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. You make my head spin. I would be in a complete panic if I had 120 days to write a whole book! Praying for a great writing month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many goals! You're amazing :)I already visited Keli's blog and read about photography--so interesting!

    I'm excited to make some progress on my writing this month--and maybe finish my WIP by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos on your progress, Erica. I wish you well as you work on your new Bride story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erica. I am exhausted from reading your lists. I am still working on six month old thank you notes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just learned about NaNoWriMo. I am working on a story, but I don't know if it's a 50k word story. My stories usually shy under that amount. And Ive never been one to know how to push words out to make a story longer without sounding too wordy and thus dull.

    ReplyDelete