Friday, December 09, 2011

The Friday Five

This is the Rochester Area Homeschool Defenders posing (weirdly) with their second place trophy from the Coulee Region Tip Off Tournament held in West Salem, Wisconsin. My son is in third from the left on the back row. What a fun bunch of boys.

This week's Friday Five is:

Five things I love about the Homeschool Basketball Season.

1. Watching the players develop their skills, both at basketball and at becoming men and women of God.

2. The camaraderie and memories made.

3. Hanging with the Defender moms and the way we all cheer for each others' kids.

4. Seeing my son's confidence, ball handling, and interpersonal skills grow.

5. The hours every week I spend in the church library writing while practice is going on. Sure helps with the word count.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to the Defenders. Cool name for a team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a church library, but I'd never get jack done b/c someone would find me and need something. Being a PT church staffer has some letdowns along with perks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you believe I was the captain of my team and I never really got all that in to basketball. Too bad b/c I could make my sneakers squeak.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your son and his team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Contratulations! Basketball is such a fun sport. My youngest son is playing this year and I love it! It's so fast...keeps my attention. I can even tell when fouls happen! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a mom, I'm all about celebrating our children's successes -- and helping them through their times of struggles.
    And anything that helps with word count? Most excellent!

    ReplyDelete