Monday, January 09, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Whew! Back in the saddle again...

I'm such a creature of habit, enjoying my schedule, content to do the same thing day after day. When things get a bit wonky in the schedule department, I tend to get a bit wonky myself.

The end of the year is always a busy time, lots of bookkeeping, trips to the accountant, government forms and files. Very little writing. Throw in the holidays, having the elder kid home from college, and lotsa basketball, and there is VERY little writing.

But, holidays are over, the kid is back at college, and the regular routine can now re-commence. Ahhhh. That's me breathing a sigh of relief.

I'm now free to, and even expected to, spend hours every day inside my own head, documenting the lives and stories of my fictional characters. And boy howdy, am I ready. I've missed Meghan and Caleb and the El Garces hotel.

Since it's the time of the year to be listing goals, and I tend to try to do that at the beginning of every month anyway, I'm going to throw some of my 2012 goals in general and my January goals in particular.

2012 Goals:

1. Finish and revise my current WIP, exceeding my deadline as prudent.

2. Polish up three proposals and submit them to my agent.

3. Start up and continue my exercise regimen. 30 mins a day, 5 days a week.

4. Attend the 2012 ACFW Conference in Dallas.

5. Travel to Florida to visit my folks.

6. Possibly go on a train trip this fall???

January Goals:

1. Finish the first draft of A Bride Sews With Love in Needles, CA.

2. Read two novels.

3. Blog, here and where I've been invited to guest.



I mentioned in my last blog post that there might be some good news I could share with you when I came back to blogging. Unfortunately, the opportunity I hoped to tell you about fell through. Still, my loss is another author's gain. :) And I now have another story idea to add to my proposal repertoire.

11 comments:

  1. Polish up 3 proposals?!!!

    Lady, you are on one moving roll!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda8:35 AM

    Welcome back - missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back Erica! Missed you! Sounds like 2012 is already packed full for you! But if anyone can get it all done, you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I'm sorry for that missed opportunity, but you're right about seeing the bright side of it :) I know 2012 is going to be great and productive, and it always helps me seeing your goals and your ambition. Motivates me to keep going :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! You've got a great plan! I'm finishing up a novel this month too, so I'm pretty excited. Of course, I'll still have plenty of revising to do, but I'm always happy to have a draft done! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! You were missed! Sorry about the missed opportunity, but it sounds like you won't be lacking for busyness in your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to find you back here again. It sounds like your new year is already off to a very busy start! I'm sorry to hear your hoped-for opportunity didn't work out but when one door closes another usually opens, so perhaps something even better will turn up soon.

    Blessings to you in this New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a hefty but FUN year ahead! Glad to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to see you back. I missed you! Your goals look great! A train trip sounds like a lot of fun. There's one in Nashville that takes place in fall...Murder Mystery! Whaat?! I'm so wanting to do that this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great goals!

    You sound like me--creature of habit, content to do the same day after day. Stepping outside the routine makes me shudder.

    ReplyDelete