Friday, January 20, 2012


I'm currently addicted to the TV show Psych. My amazingly wonderful husband got me the first five seasons as a belated Christmas gift (after I'd borrowed season's 1-4 from my amazing nephew, Joe A. - designer and webmaster of my website {link at the left} )

So, Five Things I Like About Psych:

1. The 80's references. As a child of the 80's, the references to Airwolf, George Michael, and Debby Gibson crack me up.

2. The relationship between Sean and Gus. Sean can talk Gus into anything.

3. The relationship between Sean and his father, Henry. Henry is demanding and has a hard time showing approval and affection. Sean is sarcastic and resistant to anything his father says, but underneath, they both care for each other.

4. The whole fake psychic routine. Sean uses his powers of observation, his complete disregard for any rules or laws whatsoever, his considerable charm, and a fair amount of luck to solve crimes.

5. The pineapple. There is a pineapple in ever episode. It's fun to try to find it.

Do you watch Psych? What TV show is currently tops on your list?

9 comments:

  1. We are so addicted to Psyche to! Love me some Shawn and Guster for all the same reasons!!

    I'm telling you, we have so much in common! We should get together, pop some corn and watch TV all weekend long!

    My daughter watches this too, but she rarely gets the 80's references or songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love the out-takes at the end! So hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so much into "Psych" although my best friend is. I love "White Collar," "Merlin," and "Once Upon a Time." As I said a couple of days ago, "Chuck" is also a big favorite. But my addiction show in "Downton Abby." I love the take on the relationships between the privileged family and the servants,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to watch Psyche on Netflix! We are about 1/2 way through season one! Oh my goodness, he is hilarious! (And I didn't know about the pineapple...how random is that?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Firm, on Thursday nights, (9:00 CST) is a show based on John Grisham's The Firm. It's great.

    I've never heart of Psyche.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I JUST posted on my blog and mentioned a need for something new to watch on Netflix. I've seen Psych before when visiting my folks' (you know, since they have a fancy satellite dish and we have...Netflix). I just might have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love Psyche! Great Show! Shawn and Gus are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Psych is ok. Favorite shows are White Collar, Royal Pains, and Supernatural (though SPN may have jumped the shark after 7 seasons)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I love to watch Psych! We started watching it on DVD the summer he was slowed down due to a broken knee. The interaction between Shawn and Gus is terrific. I mean, how many shows highlight friends who've been friends since childhood? And I love the layers to Shawn and his dad's relationship too. Never got into looking for the pineapple -- maybe on our second time through. :O)

    ReplyDelete