Monday, March 05, 2012

Goals


Sorry to be so late blogging today. It was one wild weekend of basketball. I don't know about the players, but I'm exhausted. The picture above is of the Rochester Area Homeschool Defenders hoisting the 2nd Place Christian Athletic League trophy. So proud of our teams. The girls took first, and the boys finished second. This is the highest our guys have placed in this tournament. Last year third, this year second, next year, FIRST! :)

Which put me in mind of goals. All season long, the teams have worked on their goals. Better defense, more blocked shots, more playing time, becoming a starter, more assists, taking more charges, etc. With each practice, each game, each instructional video or coaching session, they have improved and striven toward reaching those goals. And along the way, they've learned valuable lessons in sportsmanship, perseverance, and Christian character.

I find that I am a goal-oriented person myself. I need goals to spur me on. I think that's why I'm a list-maker. Listing things, then crossing them off when I'm done gives me a sense of satisfaction, of accomplishment.

Since it is the beginning of March, I'm going to list my goals for the month, so hopefully I an cross them off at the beginning of April.

1. Finish A Bride Sews With Love in Needles, CA and get it turned in. This ms is due 4/15/12, and I have about 5K more words to write, then the final polish.

2. Work on the Red Cross quilt. Get all the names written on the quilt and start the embroidering.

3. Get homeschooling back on track. We're a bit behind due to basketball and spring breaks and a trip to Florida.

4. Enjoy the trip to Florida!

How about you? Have you set some goals recently? Are you a list-maker?

8 comments:

  1. I make lists of the list I need to make. LOL AKA excuses to buy pretty pink post its.

    At the moment I have raging carpal tunnel and I'm working to get that fixed.

    Polish a few technical issues in a ms and then start the editing of another.

    I want a trip to FL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a list maker, too, however that wasn't always the case. But as projects line up and commitments loom near, it helps me work at a steady pace toward them instead of procrastinating. But I still procrastinate. About making lists. If it's not on a list, do I have to do it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you well as you work on achieving your goals, Erica! How cool that you get to visit Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without lists, I'd be running around in circles.

    Congrats tothe Defenders

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make lists for everything, except monthly writing goals. I am definitely going to start doing this because I really want to make sure I'm staying on track and keeping professional about my writing career. Thanks for this reminder, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a list maker and then I lose them all over my house.

    Yeah Florida. Ah, sunshine on my face...oh, I mean your face...Enjoy!

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to make measurable goals so I can track my progress. I don't make lists as much as I used to, but I do keep a daily agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like I need to start making lists. I do at work, but not for my home life. You know, I would probably be so much more productive if I did! :)

    ReplyDelete