Sunday, August 12, 2012

Aftermath

Sleeping Cat

The Olympics are over, and I suspect I'm not the only one with an Olympic sort of ennui. My love of sport, competition, excellence, sportsmanship, etc. has been sated to the full. I've watched untold hours of Olympic coverage, reveled in the stories of the athletes, the world records, the triumphs and tragedies, sense of world community and national rivalry.

But now it's time to gear up and get some work done. I've got a new story half fleshed out. I've walked through the first half of it with my sounding board, Heather Vetsch, and I need to get a proposal cooking. I'm intrigued by this story-line. It's got more mystery than I've been written in the past, so I'm feeling my way through the details.

Time to shake off that Olympic hangover and get back to real life!

How about you? Anything you're hoping to accomplish before summer comes to an end?

4 comments:

  1. Olympic hangover--love it! Yes, I want to have novel 9 plotted and ready to begin the second my children step into school. :D
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids start school next week, so my goal this week is to finish the last round of edits on my story so I can work on the next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of the kitty has me rofl. I hope to finish a novella I've been working on by September.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cat!! Yes, I watched hours and hours of the Olympics and am finding it difficult to shake off that sit-around-and-stare-at-the-TV inertia. I need to organize my files in preparation for some time away in the RV. It won't always be uninterrupted time, but I hope to get quite a bit of writing done. I have a novel to polish, another to finish and a short story on the back burner, and I would like to be done with them all by mid-September. That may not be realistic, but I plan to try. Happy writing on that new story of yours!

    ReplyDelete