Sunday, August 05, 2012

Recommendations?


I'm kicking around a new idea for a historical romantic suspense story, and I'm looking for some recommendations for historical mysteries/suspense authors that you enjoy. I've read a lot of Anne Perry and Elizabeth Peters, Ellis Peters and Agatha Christie, and I just picked up the first in a new series by Victoria Thompson called Murder on Astor Place, but I'm always up for a new author.

Anyone like reading historical mysteries/suspense stories? Any recommendations?

6 comments:

  1. Try Dorothy Sayers, author of the Lord Peter Whimsy mysteries. Also Leslie Charteris, author of The Saint series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I don't know anyone other than Agatha Christie as far as historical mysteries and suspense. But I love to read Lynette Eason for contemp. suspense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like writing them! Teeeheee! I don't know of any but am sure they're out there. Good luck, girlie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, of course Colleen Coble has some great Historical Suspenses out there right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like historical suspenses. Just wanted to comment that I ordered that how to book a few weeks ago. Hoping it helps me flesh out an idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Colleen Coble for historical suspense, but I prefer contemporary suspense, especially Linda Hall's books.

    I love watching Murdoch Mysteries on TV. Are you able to view it? It's a Canadian show... mysteries take place in Toronto in the 1890s: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murdoch_Mysteries

    ReplyDelete