Thursday, August 09, 2012

The Friday Five

Fireworks


Hard to believe the Olympics are almost over! I've watched SO much of the coverage and enjoyed every minute of it. There have been so many great moments and so many great stories. 

So, today's Friday Five is:

Five moments I will remember from the 2012 London Olympics.

1. Gabby Douglas wins gold in the individual all-around women's gymnastics.

2. Usain Bolt wins double gold in the men's 100m and 200m.

3. Michael Phelps ends his career as the greatest Olympian of all time.

4. Oscar Pistorius competes for South Africa on 'Cheetah Blades' as a double amputee.

5. The whole Queen Elizabeth/James Bond thing! That was Awesome!!!

Bonus:

My husband's top memory of this year's Olympics

Staying up way too late because we're watching the Olympics coverage.

What are you going to remember about the Games of the XXX Olympiad?

6 comments:

  1. I liked the Queen as a Bond Girl, too. And Mr. Bean playing Chariots of Fire with the orchestra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the Queen!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved how he gave a look to the dogs when the chopper was flying away. Like Nanner-nanner, you don't get to come with!

      Delete
  3. Mr. Bean was a delightful bit -- I loved that -- but I'll probably best remember our Richard Weinberger winning bronze for Canada in the 10-kilometre swim. How anyone can swim that far, never mind swim it in one hour and 50 minutes in freezing cold water, I don't know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched that race! I loved how they kept commenting on how Weinberger didn't need a swim cap and how he loved swimming in cold water.

      Delete