This week we took the dear daughter back to college. I'm excited for her, just sad for me. I love having her home.
But, in order to focus on the positive, I'm going to post five great things about college instead of what I wanted to post, the five horrible things about having your kid go back to school. :D
1. Friends. Heather's got a great group of friends at school, and they were all really happy to see one another. I made friends in college that helped me become the person I am, that I remember fondly, and that I've kept in touch with over the years.
2. Learning. Heather was made to go to school. She loves classes and learning. I am the same way. I think that's one of the things I love so much about writing historical fiction. I get to learn and study and acquire knowledge.
3. Maturing. Every semester, she gets more and more mature, has more experiences, makes more decisions on her own. She's becoming such a wonderful young lady. (I'm skipping this one for me, because I'm not super mature...LOL Heather was born more mature than me.)
4. Being equipped for your calling. I'm so pleased Heather is studying education. Her father and I both studied education in college, and seeing her follow in our footsteps makes me happy.
5. Godly professors and advisers. I'm also pleased that Heather chose a Christian college where her classes would reinforce her Christian world view. Bible college for me was a real growing time in my spiritual life.
So, what do you remember from college? What did you look forward to the most when you returned to campus?