Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ramping Up

Handicapp Ramp

Today, my schedule kicks into high gear. Today is the start of basketball practice for the son. Three practices a week and at least 16 games. For the next four months, we're in overdrive.

I've also taken on a couple of ministries at church, am writing a novel, have a book releasing Nov. 1st and another one Dec. 1st, am homeschooling the boy, approaching the end of year bookkeeping season, and judging in a writing contest.

While I'm eager and excited about many of these things, I'm also feeling the need to get some sort of strategy, some sort of system to make it all manageable. I need to break it down into bite-sized chunks that won't choke me.

I'm blessed to be able to work on my writing/blogging/networking while my son is at practice. There are several hours blocked out every week to work on word count and meet writing goals. Yay!

I'm still working on how everything else will shake out, but I think I'm ready to embrace some busyness. 

How about you? Is your schedule ramping up? Are you devising ways to make it all fit without burning out?


**** THIS JUST IN: Author Keli Gwyn is giving away THREE copies of A Bride Sews With Love in Needles, CA, and to sweeten the deal, she's also including a copy of A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, KS for each winner too! Hop on over to  http://keligwyn.com/reading/recommended-read-a-bride-sews-with-love-in-needles-california/ and leave a comment to be entered to win! 

7 comments:

  1. Every time I think I get a workable schedule down, someone pulls the rug out from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My schedule, actually, is ramping down for a few weeks. :) I've been traveling every other weekend since the beginning of September...this week I have a trip to Chicago and then I'm sticking close to home for a whole three weeks. :) In that time, I'm going to finish my next book. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a lot going on! Great to hear you're prepared and looking forward to it.

    My schedule is definitely ramping up. I've got two writing projects going on, I'm helping out at the kids' school here and there, and I'm already trying to get going on Christmas present because I'm making most of them this year. Busy, but fun! Now I just need a schedule that works. (Oh, and I have to fit exercise in there somewhere. Ick!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are ramping up! In some areas I am too, and in others I'm giving myself permission to drop a few plates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading about your schedule always makes me want to faint. LOL
    I'm sure you're going to find a rockin' strategy. I'm looking forward to ramping my schedule down. I want to finish editing by November because *gulp* I'm thinking of doing Nanowrimo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently moved, so I'm learning time management all over again. This time set to EST, lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since you accomplish more in a day than I do in a week, Erica, I feel certain you'll rise to the challenge. Just don that Wonder Woman cape of yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete